Pigiarvik Inuktitut Second Language 1 - Part 2
Pigiarvik means a ‘starting place’. The course introduces students to Inuktitut pronunciation and grammar while enabling them to build basic skills including:
- asking and answering simple questions;
- using the singular, dual and plural properly; and
- beginner language for various situations in the home and workplace.
A dialogue in each lesson demonstrates to students how Inuktitut is spoken in daily life and develops their listening skills. Students also receive instruction on reading and writing in roman orthography.
ᐱᒋᐊᕐᕕᒃ ᐅᖃᕆᐅᖅᓴᐅᑏᑦ 1-ᐃᓚᖓ 2
ᐱᒋᐊᕐᕕᐅᖕᒪᑦ ᐱᒋᐊᓕᓵᖅᑐᓄᑦ ᐅᖃᕆᐅᖅᓴᖅᑎᑕᐅᓪᓗᑎᒃ ᑐᑭᓯᑎᑕᐅᓪᓗᑎᒡᓗ ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ ᐅᖃᐅᓯᐅᑉ ᐋᖅᑭᐅᒪᓂᖓᓂᒃ ᐃᒪᐃᓕᐅᕈᖕᓇᖅᓯᑎᑕᐅᓪᓗᑎᒃ:
- ᑭᓇᐅᓂᕐᒥᖕᓂᒃ ᐅᖃᕈᖕᓇᕐᓗᑎᒃ;
- ᐊᐱᕆᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᑎᒃ ᑭᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓗᑎᒡᓗ ᓇᐃᑦᑐᓂᒃ;
- ᐅᖃᑦᑎᐊᕈᖕᓇᕐᓗᑎᒃ ᐊᑕᐅᓯᐅᖕᒪᖔᖅ ᒪᕐᕉᖕᒪᖔᒃ ᐊᒥᓲᖕᒪᖔᑕᓘᓪᓃᑦ; ᐊᒻᒪᓗ
- ᐅᖃᕈᖕᓇᕐᓗᑎᒃ ᐊᖏᕐᕋᖅᓯᖑᑎᓂᒃ ᐃᓚᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᕐᕕᒃᓯᐅᑎᓂᒡᓗ.
ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᕈᑎᒃᓴᓕᐊᓂ ᐅᖃᖃᑎᒌᒍᑎᙳᐊᖅᑕᖃᖅᐳᖅ ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᖅᑏᑦ ᑐᓴᐅᒪᔾᔪᑎᒋᓯᒪᓂᐊᕋᒥᒋᑦ ᖃᐅᑕᒫᖅᓯᐅᑏᑦ ᐊᑐᖅᑕᐅᑎᓪᓗᒋᑦ. ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᖅᑏᓪᓗ ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᖅᑎᑕᐅᕙᒃᑐᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᑦᑎᐊᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᖃᓕᐅᔮᖅᐸᐃᑎᑐᑦ ᐃᓅᔨᖓᔪᖅᑎᑐᑦ.
Schedule: Mon-Fri: 6:30-8pm