Employee and Family Assistance Program
Employee and Family Assistance is designed to assist Government of Nunavut employees and their families maintain and/or improve their overall well-being.
Employees and their families can call the toll-free number 1-800-663-1142 for personal counseling. It is your choice whether or not you wish to use this service.
What does the service offer?
- Free and Confidential Service
- Offered to employees, their partners and their dependents
- Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Delivered by professional and experienced counselors for a wide range of issues
- Available in Inuktitut and Inuinnaqtun with interpreter
- Available in English and French
- Includes 8 sessions per issue
- Choice of phone and/or telehealth services
Another option to access counselors outside your community is the Telehealth program. A television and a camera are set up in a private location at the Health Centre and are connected to a television and a camera outside the community. Telehealth works like a telephone, but allows the participants to see and hear each other. The session is private and confidential, just like when you see a health care provider face-to-face in your community.