Entrusted with supplying safe, reliable and efficient energy to the citizens of Nunavut, through both traditional and alternative sources, Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) offers many opportunities for those seeking to convert their skills and expertise into professional success. Sounds like you? Join our team. Wide-open spaces, rewarding work in a variety of settings, and the chance to contribute to the well-being of all Nunavummiut will bring new energy to your career – now and in the future.
CORAL HARBOUR, NU – Ref. No. QEC-17-007
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Plant Superintendent is responsible for maintaining safe and continuous power generation and distribution, integrating production and maintenance requirements of all mechanical and electrical equipment under his/her jurisdiction.
The position is also responsible for operating and monitoring the diesel powerhouse and associated systems to provide safe, reliable electrical service to Qulliq Energy customers in the community in a cost effective manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Operate the plant to provide most efficient use of equipment;
- Request repair and/or replacement or emergency repairs as required;
- Install new service drops, gather meter data and issue associated documentation to area accounts department;
- Manage plant inventories including shipping, receiving and monitoring;
- Provide information to Area Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager for preparation and submission of budget, variances and other performance measurements;
- Compile raw data and summaries for Regional staff;
- Receive customer orders for new service, disconnections and changes of ownership;
- Respond to customer complaints and inquiries, take action to resolve related issues; and
- Accept payments, transmit cash and initiate collection procedures.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- High school education – minimum Grade 12;
- A related journeyman certificate in the electrical/mechanical trades or equivalent configuration or related education and experience is desirable;
- Experience in the production and distribution of power;
- Manual skills to complete basic repairs;
- Basic bookkeeping and administrative skills;
- Computer skills would be an asset;
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers License and meet vehicle insurance requirements of QEC; and
- Ability to communicate in English and Inuktitut.
We offer a competitive starting salary of $93,745 per annum and a comprehensive benefits package, including a Northern Living Allowance of $23,292 per annum. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union. Subsidized staff housing is not available.
An eligibility list will be created for this competition and may be used to fill future vacancies
Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
Apply in writing, by March 31st, 2017, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.