You are here
PROPERTY MANAGER (Re-Advertisement)
Entrusted with supplying safe, reliable and efficient energy to the citizens of Nunavut, through both traditional and alternative sources, Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) offers many opportunities for those seeking to convert their skills and expertise into professional success. Sounds like you? Join our team. Wide-open spaces, rewarding work in a variety of settings, and the chance to contribute to the well-being of all Nunavummiut will bring new energy to your career – now and in the future.
PROPERTY MANAGER (Re-Advertisement)
IQALUIT, NU – Ref. No. QEC-16-038
This would be an exciting career move for a property management professional who is prepared to assume responsibility for the overall management of a real estate portfolio including owned and leased staff housing and commercial facilities, plant and industrial buildings, and land.
Reporting to the Vice President, and supervising a team of property management staff, you will manage QEC’s real estate property investments in a manner that ensures value for money expended, demonstrates sound stewardship, incorporates a risk management approach, and supports the service objectives of the organization. This is a key role, with direct authority over moving requests, allocation of housing units, contractual inspections, construction projects, termination of leases, preparation and management of a $4.5-million operations and maintenance budget, as well as rolling stock acquisitions and retirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Working with property owners to resolve disputes, terminate leases and negotiate new leases;
• Monitoring services provided by landlords to ensure fulfillment of their contractual agreements with QEC;
• Preparing condition reports and incorporating needs into the proposed work plan budget;
• Overseeing project implementation, including contract and financial performance, and conformance to schedule and contingency planning;
• Participating in, and leading components of, project teams or working groups involved in developing and managing projects, initiatives and requirements, including preparation of analyses, management reports, briefings, strategic planning, business cases and presentations for senior management;
• Analyzing actual vs. budgeted expenses and resolving out-of-limits expense variances;
• Conducting life cycle costing to support decision-making on assets;
• Authorizing tenders for maintenance and other services; and
• Approving expenditures for property maintenance and repair materials and labour.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Degree or diploma in Business Administration or a combination of education and experience;
• At least 7 years property management experience in a senior or management level position;
• Real Property Administration (RPA) designation (or working towards);
• Knowledge of health and safety policies, practices and regulations;
• Knowledge of building, fire, electrical and plumbing codes and legislation;
• Knowledge of contracting and procurement policies;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail and quality standards;
• Experience in Project Management;
• Ability to prepare and manage large property management budgets; and
• Experience working with municipal departments and utilities.
• Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture is an asset.
• A Certified Property Management (CPM) designation would be an asset.
We offer a competitive starting salary of $100,425 per annum and a comprehensive benefits package, including a Northern Living Allowance of $15,016 per annum. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union. Subsidized staff housing is available.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
Apply in writing, by July 28th, 2017, to: email@example.com
or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.