You are here
Arctic Bay - CYAB
CARS Office: 867-439-8171, email@example.com
Airport Maintainer: 867-439-8227, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fuel Supplier: 867-439-9934/8291, email@example.com
The Arctic Bay Airport is a small public use airport which serves the community of Arctic Bay. The airport is located 5 km southeast of the Hamlet of Arctic Bay. The airport serves as a port of call for air carriers offering scheduled and charter passenger service.
The airport has:
- one gravel runway, taxiway and apron
- runway (13/31) is 3935 feet in length by 98 feet in width
The airport is available for:
- 24 hours, seven days per week
- both Day and Night VFR and IFR operations
Hours of Operation
The airport has operational staff on-site during regular published hours. Call-out procedures are available outside of regular working hours.
- The critical (design) aircraft: ATR-42-500
- Aircraft Group Number: IIIA (Code 2C under TP312 4th Ed.)
- Aircraft larger than the critical aircraft may operate, but must comply with the CanadianAviation Regulations
Weather and Aircraft Advisory Services
The airport weather and aircraft advisory services are provided by the Community Aerodrome Radio Station (CARS). The CARS service is managed by Nav Canada. The hours of operation are listed in the Canada Flight Supplement and where noted, services outside normal hours may be available upon call-out request.
The Mandatory Frequency and Air Traffic Frequency at this airport is: 122.1 MHz
Exemptions / Deviations / Authorizations
Exemptions and deviations from TP312, and other authorizations approved by the Minister, are held on file at Rankin Inlet Headquarters.
Listing of exemptions / deviations / authorizations
1. Runway edge lights installed higher than standard (70 cm or approx. 27 inches high located 5 feet outside runway edge).