You are here
Kugluktuk - CYCO
|CAR’s Office:||867-982-4131, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Airport Maintainer:||867-982-3248, email@example.com|
867-982-4231 or 867-445-0932,
The Kugluktuk Airport is a small public use airport which serves the community of Kugluktuk.
The airport is located 2 km southwest of the Hamlet of Kugluktuk. The airport serves as a port of call for air carriers offering scheduled and charter passenger service.
The airport has:
- one gravel runway, taxiway, and apron
- runway (12/30) is 5502 feet in length by 100 feet in width
The airport is available for:
- 24 hours, seven days per week
- both Day and Night VFR and IFR operations
Hours of Operation
The airport has operational staff on-site during regular published hours. Call-out procedures are available outside of regular working hours.
- The critical (design) aircraft: Boeing 737-200
- Aircraft Group Number: IIIB (Code 3C under TP312 4th Ed.)
- Aircraft larger than the critical aircraft may operate, but must comply with the Canadian Aviation Regulations
Weather and Aircraft Advisory Services
The airport weather and aircraft advisory services are provided by the Community Aerodrome Radio Station (CARS). The CARS service is managed by Nav Canada. The hours of operation are listed in the Canada Flight Supplement and where noted, services outside normal hours may be available upon call-out request.
The Mandatory Frequency and Air Traffic Frequency at this airport is: 122.1 MHz
Exemptions / Deviations / Authorizations
Exemptions and deviations from TP312, and other authorizations approved by the Minister, are held on file at Rankin Inlet Headquarters.