You are here
Rankin Inlet CYRT
FSS Office: 867-645-2672
Airport Maintainer: 204-599-1947, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fuel Supplier: 867-645-1699/3150/6920, email@example.com
The Rankin Inlet Airport is a medium-sized public use airport which serves the community of Rankin Inlet. The airport is located one (1) km southwest of the Municipality of Rankin Inlet. The town and airport serve as the gateway & distribution point for the Kivalliq region of Nunavut, and air carriers on-site offer scheduled and charter services. The airport also serves as a Forward Operating Location (FOL) for the Department of National Defence.
The airport has:
- one asphalt runway, three taxiways and two aprons
- runway (13/31) is 6000 feet in length by 150 feet in width
The airport is available for:
- 24 hours, seven days per week
- both Day and Night VFR and IFR operations
Hours of Operation
The airport has operational staff on-site during regular published hours. Call-out procedures are available outside of regular working hours.
- The critical (design) aircraft: Boeing 737-400
- Aircraft Group Number: IIIB (Code 3C under TP312 4th Ed.)
- Aircraft larger than the critical aircraft may operate, but must comply with the Canadian Aviation Regulations
Weather and Aircraft Advisory Services
The airport weather and aircraft advisory services are provided by the Flight Services (FSS). The FSS is managed by Nav Canada. The hours of operation are listed in the Canada Flight Supplement and where noted, services outside normal hours may be available upon call-out request.
Exemptions / Deviations / Authorizations
Exemptions and deviations from TP312, and other authorizations approved by the Minister, are held on file at Rankin Inlet Headquarters.
Listing of exemptions / deviations / authorizations
1. Runway edge lights installed higher than standard (70 cm or approx. 27 inches high located 5 feet outside runway edge).
2. Aircraft arresting system operations permitted during Canadian Forces fighter operations.