You are here
Resolute Bay CYRB
CARS Office: 867-252-3840, firstname.lastname@example.org
Airport Maintainer: 867-252-3302, email@example.com
Fuel Supplier: 867-252-3737/3925, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Resolute Bay Airport is a small public use airport which serves the community of Resolute Bay. The airport is located 8 km northwest of the Hamlet of Resolute Bay. The airport serves as a port of call for air carriers offering scheduled and charter passenger service.
The airport has:
- one gravel runway, two taxiways and two aprons
- runway (17/35) is 6504 feet in length by 197 feet in width
The airport is available for:
- 24 hours, seven days per week
- both Day and Night VFR and IFR operations
Hours of Operation
The airport has operational staff on-site during regular published hours. Call-out procedures are available outside of regular working hours.
- The critical (design) aircraft: Boeing 737-200
- Aircraft Group Number: IIIB (Code 3C under TP312 4th Ed.)
- Aircraft larger than the critical aircraft may operate, but must comply with the Canadian Aviation Regulations
Weather and Aircraft Advisory Services
The airport weather and aircraft advisory services are provided by the Community Aerodrome Radio Station (CARS). The CARS service is managed by Nav Canada. The hours of operation are listed in the Canada Flight Supplement and where noted, services outside normal hours may be available upon call-out request.
The Mandatory Frequency and Air Traffic Frequency at this airport is: 122.6 MHz
Exemptions / Deviations / Authorizations
Exemptions and deviations from TP312, and other authorizations approved by the Minister, are held on file at Rankin Inlet Headquarters.
Listing of exemptions / deviations / authorizations
1. Runway edge lights installed higher than standard (70 cm or approx. 27 inches high located 5 feet outside runway edge).
2. Graded portion of strip for Runway 17-35 too narrow for Code 4 precision (400' vice 600').
3. Antennae on and around operation buildings penetrate transitional OLS.