The Independent Science Programs for Youth (I-SPY) Fund provides grants to develop and carry out science-based extra-curricular programming for Nunavut youth.
The I-SPY Fund aims to support initiatives that:
- Engage Nunavut students in hands-on science learning opportunities
- Generate an interest in science among students
- Promote careers in science and technology
- Highlight Nunavut-relevant examples of science research and projects taking place
Eligibility for grants under this program is restricted to not-for-profit organizations, including:
- societies registered under the Nunavut Societies Act;
- not-for-profit corporations registered under the Canada Corporations Act;
- registered charities;
- student organizations with a Lottery Licence under the Lotteries Act; or
- student organizations with the written support of a principal, municipal council, or district education authority.
You can apply by downloading and filling out this application form.
The I-SPY fund policy can be found on page 18 of the Grants and Contributions Policy.
The deadline for applications is March 31.
For more information on applying for funding from this program please contact:
Anne Renee Angalik, Mining Awareness Coordinator
Toll Free: 1-888-975-5999