Briefing notes are an essential means for staff to inform, advise, and influence the decision-making process in public and private sector organizations.
This workshop uses practical exercises to develop skills in writing effective briefing notes. You will learn techniques for planning, drafting, summarizing complex information, improving your
writing skills, and editing.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify how the briefing note aids in decision making
- Use your in-house templates correctly
- Prepare a writing plan with a clear communication objective
- Plan what information needs to be collected
- Write the first draft from a plan
- Summarize complex information
- Edit to clarify and strengthen the message
Length of Course: