Too often, public servants are dropped into a new role without an understanding of the foundations of the government for which they work. This course will assist in unlocking the mysteries to their survival and the success at work.
This course provides a road-map that permits public servants to better navigate the GN. But beyond that, it talks about the processes of government, particularly legislative processes and the process by which programs and funds are approved. Whether new to the Government of Nunavut or having worked in it for years, participants will find this workshop the map and compass that they need.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to better understand:
- How Nunavut works
- Canada as a bilingual, multicultural country with its policy and legislative framework including the Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- How policy is developed and the factors that influence it
- How legislation is passed
- Interactions between stakeholders: citizens, lobbyists, pressure groups, politicians and public servants
- Role of the Public Servant
Time: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm