Provide participants with: a greater awareness of the competencies, abilities and traits essential to leaders; an opportunity to examine their working environment and explore changing paradigms of leadership; a better understanding of their own leadership style and its impact on their present situation. The ability to influence others; new skills to enhance their leadership capacity and understanding team development, team evolution and cohesion.
- The new leadership paradigm (evolving models of leadership)
- The evolution of management and leadership
- Skills and traits of effective leaders (competencies)
- Self-assessment of leadership style – review of leadership style with your current team
- Identifying support and resources for the team
- Facilitating team empowerment, clarity around mandate and roles and responsibilities, terms of reference and mandate