Strategists adapt to circumstances. They gather and synthesize information, and “connect the dots.” They anticipate. They plan.This course takes participants through the process of strategic communications planning. It focuses as much on the process of strategic thinking and engaging others in that process, as it does on the plan itself.
The session covers:
- What does it mean to be “strategic” in our approach to communications?
- How to build a culture of communication within organizations, ensuring the function is embedded across all areas of responsibility from the leadership down to the front-line staff.
- How to put together a communications strategy, recognizing that the process of putting together the strategy is as important as the document itself.
- How to set realistic, meaningful and measurable communications objectives.
- How to develop messages and tell stories that motivate and inspire audiences.
- How to identify and develop various communications tactics and products so they unfold in a planned and integrated way that builds momentum.
- How to measure performance against key indicators that focus on outcomes rather than outputs.
Time: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm