Staff Directory

You are here

Special Occasion Permits in Nunavut

27 August 2021

Public Service Announcement

Special Occasion Permits in Nunavut

The Government of Nunavut reminds Nunavummiut that Special Occasion Permits (SOPs) are required when hosting any events serving liquor outside of your personal residence. This includes liquor that is available for free or for a fee. The cost of the permit varies depending on the type of permit and the number of people attending the event.

For an application and full details, please visit the Department of Finance website. To ensure there is no delay, please submit your application and required documents to at least 10 business days before the event. If you live in a restricted community you must also get permission from your local Alcohol Education Committee before importing any alcohol.

For more information, please contact the Chief Inspector at or call 867-975-6816.


Media Contact:

Weichien Chan
Manager, Communications
Department of Finance