You are here
Employee and Family Assistance Program
Employee and Family Assistance is designed to assist Government of Nunavut employees and their families maintain and/or improve their overall well-being.
Employees and their families can call the toll-free number 1-800-663-1142 for personal counselling. It is your choice whether or not you wish to use this service.
What does the service offer?
- free and confidential service
- offered to employees, their partners and their dependants
- available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- delivered by professional and experienced counsellors for a wide range of issues
- available in Inuktitut and Inuinnaqtun with interpreter
- available in English and French
- includes 8 sessions per issue
- choice of phone and/or telehealth services
Another option to access counsellors outside your community is the telehealth program. A television and camera, set up in a private location at the health centre, are connected to a television and camera outside the community. Telehealth works like a telephone, but allows the participants to see and hear each other. The session is private and confidential, just like when you see a health care provider face-to-face in your community.