You are here
Sivuliqtiksat Internship Program
Sivuliqtiksat is an on-the-job internship program designed to increase Inuit representation in management-level positions (director, manager, supervisor, etc.) and specialist positions (unique to a department) in the Government of Nunavut (GN).
Internships are usually one to three years depending on the position, skill set, and experience of the intern. A designated trainer, a customized learning plan, and group/individual training courses provide support for the internship period.
- Priority will be given to eligible positions that are outside of Iqaluit.
- Priority will be given to applications from departments/agencies who have not participated in the program during the previous fiscal year.
- Priority will be given to positions as follows:
(1) Director/Manager level
(2) Specialist positions
Sivuliqtiksat Internship Checklist
To be considered eligible for review when requesting an intern, the following documents must be endorsed by your Deputy Minister and provided to the Department of Human Resources’ Sivumuaqatigiit Division:
- Sivuliqtiksat Program Application form
- Job description of the target position (Word format)
- Job description of the target position tailored to internship duties (Word format)
- Most recent signed organizational chart of your department
- Designated trainer’s resumé
Sivuliqtiksat Internship Program Application Form
Sivuliqtiksat Internship Internal Position Agreement
Sivuliqtiksat Internship Program Guidelines
Sivuliqtiksat Internship Program Learning Plan template
Timeline Year 1
Timeline Year 2
Timeline Year 3
Performance Review Form – If you have trouble opening the form in your browser, save the form to your computer and open it with Adobe Acrobat.
Department of Human Resources