You are here
GN HR Update - November 5, 2019, 11:30 a.m.
UPDATE GN Human Resources Department
November 5, 11:30 a.m.
Who can I call at Human Resources?
- Human Resources main line 975-6200.
- Human Resources staffing line 975-6222”
Is the GN still accepting applications or appeals for jobs?
- Yes. However, job competitions that closed on November 1 will be accessed when the system is restored.
- Application process is delayed.
- Applicants can submit appeals for competitions to their regional appeal email address.
- New Casual and relief employees’ applications cannot be processed at this time.
I have reference check/screening/interviews booked for this week, will they still continue?
- Yes, if the panel members are available.
- Call the staffing representative who invited you for more information.
I want to appeal a competition before the deadline this week, what can I do?
- Call the staffing representative to discuss the competition and reasons why you are appealing the decision. If you wish to appeal, email the appeal form to the regional appeal email address. An appeal hearing will happen after the system is restored.
I applied to a competition the November 2 week-end, how can I find out if my application was received?
- Once the system is restored, you will receive a reply. If you do not receive a reply, please email the application again; even after the closing date.
I submitted a Casual application to be entered into the system on Friday, November 1, how do I know if it was entered?
- Call and speak to the staffing representative who enters Casual applications.
I start my term/indeterminate job this week and I don’t have my travel booked yet; what can I do?
- Call the relocation coordinator who sent you the relocation package and your supervisor to discuss what the plan is.
I am in transit; started my new job on Monday, November 4 and expecting to reach my final destination on Tuesday, November 5. Are my reservations in hotels and on airlines cancelled?
- No, continue with your travel plans. Make sure to call your relocation coordinator and supervisor to make sure everything is okay. Your supervisor or a department representative will meet you at the airport at your final destination.
I applied for a job competition that closed in September/October, can I get an update?
- Wait until the system is restored, then resend.