Adapting to Change: Understanding the Change Management Process teaches strategies to successfully implement change without sacrificing morale, productivity, and performance. Participants will be able to optimize communication efforts and understand how to guide others through the emotional reactions of change in order to manage the high levels of uncertainty that comes when changes occur. Participants will walk away with a fundamental understanding of organizational change and what they can do to assist themselves and their employers during the process.
- Define change management best practices.
- Examine the common causes of poor transition management and how to counter them.
- Review guidelines for effective communication and management of change transitions.
- Create a detailed assessment of a specific transition in your organization.
- Evaluate how workloads are affected, the personal reactions to change, and processes for communicating the change.
- Develop an action plan of next steps for improving change management.
This course will be facilitated by a Memorial University instructor from the Faculty of Business Administration.
- All GN employees are welcome to register for the course, but participants are expected to complete the course based on Mountain Standard Time (MST) from 9 – 4:30 pm.