Our ability to communicate effectively is directly linked to our success in meeting the needs of employers, colleagues, customers, and clients. Advanced Communication: The Essential Verbal, Non-Verbal and Written Skills, focuses on the core skills needed to communicate with clarity in the workplace. Participants will enhance awareness of non-verbal behaviours, practice communicating and listening with clarity and purpose, and will review best practices for writing emails and other important office documents.
- Review the three “C’s” of effective communication and how to apply them at work.
- Overcome the barriers to effective communication.
- Recognize the impact of nonverbal communication on interpersonal relationships.
- Apply the principles of authentic powerful listening to become a more engaged communicator.
- Develop strategies for writing and editing e-mails, reports, and letters more concisely and effectively.
- Improve the quality of your messages, sentences, paragraphs, and words.
This course will be facilitated by a Memorial University instructor from the Faculty of Business Administration.
- All GN employees are welcome to register for the course, but participants are expected to complete the course based on Mountain Standard Time (MST) from 9 – 4:30 pm.