This course will review how to use MS Teams with colleagues. The course will review the importance of the application, review the features found in teams and practice creating new teams with different channels. Participants will review best ways to use Teams to stay connected to colleagues with attention given to how to use Teams to be organized and productive.
- This online course will be delivered using Microsoft Teams. To participate, the following is mandatory and the responsibility of the registered participant:
- MS Teams - accessible on your GN desktop or laptop computer (if you are not sure, contact Helpdesk to set-up and/or confirm)
- Internet connection (either on the GN network or, for example, Qiniq, wingle stick, turbo stick)
The following is highly recommended:
- Being available to test-run MS Teams on your computer (prior to the course)
- Use of a webcam, microphone and headset (attached to the device being used to take the course)*
- A quiet environment with few distractions
- Being prepared and comfortable to trouble-shoot (as needed) during the session
- Taking the time to beforehand to become more familiarized using MS Teams; here a link with a downloadable guide: https://pulse.microsoft.com/uploads/prod/2020/03/Microsoft_Teams_Quickst... and more information is available under the “help” box located in MS Teams (bottom left-hand side of the menu side tab).
*If you do not have a webcam, microphone, or headset you may still participate, but you will need to use the live chat function in MS Teams if you have questions.
Login information and a brief test link will be set up for participants prior to the course date to ensure functionality and familiarity.