Everybody feels the need to improve the way they do things. Even when improvements are made, there is always more to be done leading to the adage that the only constant is change. In a rapidly moving world, organizations need to continually adapt and evolve to keep up and to demonstrate continuous improvement in the way they operate.
This can sound like a daunting challenge; however, there are ways to create and build a working culture that is always improving itself. This workshop will draw from many different disciplines to help you develop and implement your own continuous improvement strategy.
- Lean thinking – Using this very powerful technique to help you see what is really happening in your organization – what is adding value and where you are wasting precious resources.
- Change – Understanding what is involved in change and why most change initiatives fail. People are both the problem and the solution, and you will gain some insight into the psychology of the resistance to change.
- Organizational Knowledge – Looking at what your organization knows and where that knowledge is so that you are able to make best use of the people around you. And get them fully involved in the process of improvement.
- Leadership and Culture – change needs to be led, and that leadership must come from many different directions. Ultimately, you will be shifting the culture to one that embraces continually finding better ways of doing things.
- Creativity – How do you tap into the creativity of the team to get them to throw away the box, to find the problems and come up with effective solutions.
Date & Times: March 21-22, 2023
|MST (Kitikmeot)||CST (Kivalliq)||
|Start Time||7:30 am||8:30 am||9:30 am|
|End Time||2:30 pm||3:30 pm||4:30 pm|
- All GN employees are welcome to register for this course, but it will be offered based on Eastern Standard time (EST) from 9:00am-4:30pm. Participants enrolled are expected to complete this course based on this time zone.