In this three (3) day course participants will develop practical skills in conversation management, including making introductions, engaging in small talk, continuing casual conversations, speaking up at work and giving informal presentations. Through planned activities, participants will experience the practical applications of what they need to succeed in conversations, which will enhance their ability to communicate in the Canadian multicultural workplace.
- Introduction to Culture
- The Impact of Values
- Canadian Workplace Culture
- Multiculturalism and Inclusion
- Nonverbal Communication Signals
- Global Cultural Orientations
- Cultural Dimensions of the Workplace
- Different Communication Styles
- Participating in Business Meetings
- Giving Informal Presentations
Date & Times: March 1-3, 2023
|MDT (Kitikmeot)||CDT (Kivalliq)||EDT (Qikiqtaaluk)|
|Start Time||9:00 a.m.||10:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.|
|End Time||4:00 p.m.||5:00 p.m.||6:00 p.m.|
All GN employees are welcome to register for this course, but it will be offered based on Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Participants enrolled are expected to complete this course based on this time zone.