Cybersecurity presents a unique set of challenges in any environment, but the shift from traditional networks and asset management paradigms brings unique challenges. Using the People-Process-Technology model can help identify specific threats and vulnerabilities present in a distributed workforce and simplify the process of managing these risks with appropriate security controls.
For a complete course outline please click the following link: Cyber Security for a Newly Remote Workforce
Although this online course is open to applicants across Nunavut, it will talk place in EST. Please take note of your time zone before applying.
Qikiqtaaluk & Iqaluit: 9-12, 1-4 MST
Kivalliq 8-11, 12-3 CST
Kitikmeot: 7-10, 11-2 MST
This online course will be delivered using Microsoft Teams. To participate, the following is mandatory and the responsibility of the registered participant:
MS Teams - accessible on your GN desktop or laptop computer (if you are not sure, contact Helpdesk to set-up and/or confirm)
Internet connection (either on the GN network or, for example, Qiniq, wingle stick, turbo stick)
The following is highly recommended:
- Being available to test-run MS Teams on your computer (prior to the course)
- Use of a webcam, microphone and headset (attached to the device being used to take the course)*
- A quiet environment with few distractions
- Being prepared and comfortable to trouble-shoot (as needed) during the session
- Taking the time beforehand to become more familiarized using MS Teams; here is a link with a downloadable guide: https://download.microsoft.com/download/D/9/F/D9FE8B9E-22F5-47BF-A1AB-09...
- More information is available under the “help” box located in MS Teams (bottom left-hand side of the menu side tab).
*If you do not have a webcam, microphone, or headset you may still participate, but you will need to use the live chat function in MS Teams if you have questions.
Login information and a brief test link will be set up for participants prior to the course date to ensure functionality and familiarity.