This course will review how to use Microsoft Teams with colleagues. The course covers the importance of the application, reviews the features found in teams and allows you to practice creating new teams with different channels. Participants will review the best ways to use Teams to stay connected to colleagues with attention given to how to use Teams to be organized and productive.
In this online course, there are 2 components – Synchronous and Asynchronous. The Asynchronous component is the ‘any-time’ learning – participants can access content at their own convenience. The Synchronous component is the ‘classroom’ part of an online course – this is when all participants come together at set times to connect. The components include – forum posts, dialogue in forum, six 1.5-hour synchronous sessions, dialogue with participants via one of the Moodle tools called a journal. Technical Support is also available.
This online course will be delivered using Microsoft Teams. To participate, the following is mandatory and the responsibility of the registered participant:
- MS Teams - accessible on your GN desktop or laptop computer. If you are not sure, contact Helpdesk to set-up and/or confirm that you have this application (program).
- Internet connection - either on the GN network or, for example, Qiniq, wingle stick, turbo stick
The following is highly recommended:
- Test-run MS Teams on your computer prior to the start of the course
- A webcam, microphone and headset attached to the device being used to take the course*
- A quiet environment with few distractions
- Be prepared and comfortable to trouble-shoot as needed during the session
- Take time before the course to become more familiarized using MS Teams; here a link with a downloadable guide: https://pulse.microsoft.com/uploads/prod/2020/03/Microsoft_Teams_Quickst... and more information is available under the “help” box located in MS Teams (bottom left-hand side of the menu side tab).
*If you do not have a webcam, microphone, or headset you may still participate, but you will need to use the live chat function in MS Teams if you have questions.
Login information and a brief test link will be provided to participants prior to the course date.