Plain language makes sure that your information, regardless of your audience, is clear, direct, easy to understand and drives action. This training is especially important for subject-matter experts who need to explain complex, technical, policy or administrative information to the public or other stakeholders.
Participants will learn why plain language matters, how to write or edit using plain language and how to apply it for different audiences and messages.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the value of using the central principles of plain language in regulatory writing
- Be able to apply the think-write-edit approach in various writing tasks
- Have the skills to revise documents to mitigate document level issues
- Be able to revise documents to mitigate sentence-level issues
- Write like a reader and communicate with your audience in mind
All GN employees are welcome to register for this course (with limited spots available), but confirmed participants are expected to fully complete the course based on Central Standard Time (CST) from 9:30 – 4:30 pm.