This is a 2-day Planning My Future seminar for employees who are early in their career. This seminar is highly participative and Instructor-led. It is offered to participants who are early or mid in their career and want to know more about pension and benefits, as well as financial planning, wills and estate and healthy lifestyles (physiological and psychological aspect of retirement).
This highly participatory seminar is led by Facilitators who provide basic principles and practical tools to ensure financial security, a healthy lifestyle and help them in this transition.
The emphasis is placed on developing a great understanding of financial acumen as well a better understanding of wills and estate planning and healthier lifestyle.
- Gain a better understanding of pension calculation, buy back of services, retirement timetable.
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge of financial issues and concepts such as tax planning, investments, and insurances.
- Obtain a better understanding of Estate Planning: review of legal documents – Will and Powers of Attorney; and
- Obtain a better understanding of leading a healthier lifestyle.
The agenda for each module covers the following subject matter:
1. PENSION AND BENEFITS, and includes:
- Pension plans.
- Calculations and calculating pension.
- Elective service.
- Leaving before or after age 50.
- Post-retirement life insurance.
- Public Service Health Care Plan; and
- Pensioners Dental Services Plan.
2. FINANCIAL PLANNING (1 day) and includes:
- Life Stages
- Financial Management Considerations
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm EST