Course contents include the following:
1. PENSION AND BENEFITS (½ day), and includes:
- Pension plans;
- Calculations and calculating pension;
- Elective service;
- Leaving before or after age 50;
- Post-retirement life insurance;
- Public Service Health Care Plan; and
- Pensioners Dental Services Plan.
2. FINANCIAL PLANNING (1 day) and includes:
- Life Stages
- Financial Management Considerations
- Cash Management
- Planning Vs Budgeting
- Plan for Impact of Inflation;
- Good Debt vs Bad Debt;
- Net Worth
- Mortgage vs RRSP vs TFSA;
- Investment Vehicles;
- Investment Structures;
- Type of Investment Risks;
- Portfolio Management;
- What is your risk profile?
- Understanding our taxation system;
- Retirement, Savings, and Income Programs;
- Income Security Programs;
- Life Insurance;
- Other Insurances;
- Estate Planning and Tax Mitigation;
- Issues Retirees Face;
- Working with a financial planner;
- Action Plan.
3. ESTATE PLANNING (½ day) – Nunavut
- Estate planning, wills, and powers of attorney;
- Role of the attorney;
- Role of the executor or the liquidator; and
- Estate administration and probate.
Benefits to the participants
Throughout the activities, the participants will learn how manage their time and priorities.
Schedule: Thurs-Fri (9am-3pm)