Making an effective presentation isn’t just about having good looking slides. Giving an engaging speech isn’t only about having a well written text. It is also about understanding what you want to achieve, to your audiences and most of all to yourself.
Rather, we help you be comfortable and effective without feeling like you must be something you’re not.
These exercises are supplemented by instruction and relevant examples of good presenters and bad, presented on video and discussed by the class.
The content typically encompasses:
- The definition of an effective speaker/presenter
- How to set meaningful objectives for the presenter and the audience
- Ideas - what they are and how to develop and use them as the key themes for your speech or presentation
- How to better understand your audience and tailor your content and delivery accordingly
- How to tell an effective story and structure your content so that audience can follow
- The use of language appropriate to the audience
- Visual aids and speaking notes
- Verbal and non-verbal delivery
- Handling question and answer sessions
- Handling disrupters and distracters
Registered participants will be assigned to either group 1 or group 2:
Nov 8, 2021 - Group 1 (4 participants max) – 1-4:30 pm
Nov 9, 2021 – Group 2 (4 participants max) – 1-4:30 pm
All GN employees are welcome to register for this program (with limited spots available), but confirmed participants are expected to fully complete the program based on Central Standard Time (CST) from 1 – 4:30 pm.