Strategists adapt to circumstances. They gather and synthesize information, and “connect the dots.” They anticipate. They plan. This course takes participants through the process of strategic communications planning.
- What does it mean to be “strategic” in your approach to communications?
- How to build a culture of communication within organizations, ensuring the function is embedded across all areas of responsibility from the leadership down to the front-line staff.
- How to put together a communications strategy, recognizing that the process of putting together the strategy is as important as the document itself.
- How to set realistic, meaningful and measurable communications objectives.
- How to develop messages and tell stories that motivate and inspire audiences.
- How to identify and develop various communications tactics and products so they unfold in a planned and integrated way that builds momentum.
- How to measure against key performance indicators that focus on outcomes rather than output
To begin the program, the participant would fill out a one-page form outlining their previous experience in the subject of the training session. The form also asks the participant to identify a subject or issue that would form the basis of the recorded practice exercises during the live component of the training.
In the days before the live session, the participant would complete a number of online e-learning modules using the TRUSTMAKERS™ eLearning platform. The online modules consist of a number of videos, readings, downloads and automated exercises. Altogether, the modules would take approximately an hour or less combined to complete. The trainer is in contact with the participant during this time to identify concerns and answer questions.
A max of 8 participants will be accepted. Group A will be in the morning from 9:00am -12:30pm CST (max of 4 participants). Group B will be in the afternoon from 1:00pm – 4:30pm. Please indicate on your application if you prefer Group A or B, if it’s not indicated you will be automatically assigned.
Dates and Times: December 7, 2022
|CST Kivalliq||MST Kitikmeot|
Start Time forGroup A (AM Session)
|Start Time for Group B (PM Session)||2:00pm-5:30pm||1:00pm-4:30pm||12:00pm-3:30pm|
All GN employees are welcome to register for this course, but it will be offered based on Central Standard Time (CST). Participants enrolled are expected to complete this course based on this time zone.