Briefing notes are an essential means for staff to inform, advise, and influence the decision-making process in public and private sector organizations.
This workshop uses practical exercises to develop skills in writing effective briefing notes. You will learn techniques for planning, drafting, summarizing complex information, improving your writing skills, and editing.
The workshop is highly interactive with frequent opportunities to receive feedback. Participants are also invited to bring samples of their work for review by the instructor.
This workshop will be delivered via videoconference over two days, one week apart (Day 1: March 16 & Day 2: March 23).
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify how the briefing note aids in decision making
- Use your in-house templates correctly
- Prepare a writing plan with a clear communication objective
- Plan what information needs to be collected
- Write the first draft from a plan
- Summarize complex information
- Edit to clarify and strengthen the message
Schedule: Mondays (9am-3pm)