You are here

Child Protection

In an emergency, call your local RCMP detachment. If there are children in the home, the RCMP will contact a social worker.


If you are a child being abused, do not keep it a secret. Tell a teacher, relative, nurse, social worker, a police officer or any other adult you can trust.



Emergency Shelters and Safe Homes:

Everyone is responsible for protecting children. Contact your Community Social Services Worker for assistance and support in ensuring children are safe from abuse and neglect.


Children and family services are regulated under the Children and Family Services Act.


For help and information, contact the Community and Social Services Office in your community.


Emergency services are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.