You are here
Savanna Pikuyak Scholarship
Savanna Pikuyak was a strong, kind-hearted, young Inuk woman, who was accepted into the Pre-Health Program at Algonquin College. Savanna worked for three summers as a summer student at the Health Centre in Sanirajak before taking the leap and advancing her studies in the nursing program.
This scholarship has been created in her honour, to recognize Nunavut Inuit who are in Pre-Health program at Nunavut Arctic College. The Department of Health is ensuring that Savanna will never be forgotten by awarding an annual $5,000 scholarship to one student who clearly demonstrates what encouraged them to pursue studies in nursing.
The application deadline will be October 14, 2022.
Each application will be reviewed closely by a panel of judges to identify the recipient of the scholarship
Applicants must write a 500-word essay that describes, in detail, their origins, why they chose the Pre-Health program, and what encouraged them to start their studies in nursing. The essays also must describe, in detail, how applicants believe they will help the future of Nunavummiut after completion of the BScN Program.
- This scholarship is only available to Nunavut Inuit in their pre-Health studies at Nunavut Arctic College.
- All essays must be original pieces of work.
- An applicant may only receive the scholarship one time
How to apply?
- Complete the information form.
- Complete a 500-word essay
- Provide proof of enrolment under the Nunavut Agreement
- Submit all required documents to Jo-Anne Idlout by October 14, 2022
- The application deadline is October 14, 2022.
- The recipient will be recognized through a presentation of the scholarship in November 2022.
- All completed applications must be emailed to:
- Jo-Anne Idlout, Director Human Resources, Department of Health at JIdlout1@gov.nu.ca who will be available to answer any questions about the scholarship application process.