Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-20-027 Asset Maintenance and Planning Coordinator
(Three (3) Year Term)
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the Manager, Facilities, the Asset Maintenance and Planning Coordinator provides database expertise in the utilization of the Asset Planner Software (APS). This position is responsible for ensuring the Corporation’s leased properties are maintained throughout the term of the lease, and owned facilities are maintained throughout their lifecycle. This position is also responsible for entering and maintaining evaluation and inspection maintenance, and lifecycle replacement plans for corporate facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the Manager, Facilities, staff, consultants, and contractors to coordinate evaluations, inspections, renovations, repairs, etc. of corporate facilities.
- Reviews, analyzes and disseminates information accordingly to address any issues resulting from evaluations, inspections, renovations, repairs, etc. and creates service requests as required ensuring accuracy of information for budgeting, forecasting, and maintenance purposes.
- Develops scopes of work, and procures goods and services through the appropriate procurement mechanism (Standing Offer Agreements, Local Purchase Orders, Request for Quotes, Request for Proposals, etc.) in order to sustain or repair QEC’s assets.
- Contributes to the development and modification of facility evaluation/inspections processes in adherence with industry best practices, standards, procurement policies, national building codes, safety regulations and policies, and other related regulations/legislations.
- Maintains, modifies and verifies information within the APS information system.
- Provides client support for the APS and electronic building access system.
- Responds to and resolves small to large-scale repairs and maintenance issues and emergencies for both leased and owned infrastructure.
- Adheres to all tenancy laws with respect to Residential Tenancy Act and internal housing policies and leases.
- Performs on-call and stand-by duties to ensure emergent concerns are addressed.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Post Secondary Diploma in Administration or an equivalent field of study.
- Two years of related experience involving a broad range of facilities planning, development and management activities with a demonstrated knowledge of facility inspections, building construction, maintenance, mechanical and electrical operations with use in a computerized software platform.
- Full scope project management experience.
- Certification in asset management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $87,204 to $101,146, a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
To apply send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by August 14, 2020.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.