This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
As per HRM Directive 518, this employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit in Location of Pond Inlet only.
Reporting to the Supervisor Health Programs, this position provides janitorial duties, security, routine building maintenance, equipment and vehicle maintenance, courier services, and general assistance to the members of the Health Centre Team. This position has a direct impact on the public’s view of general maintenance and security of the Health Centre.
Performs general maintenance and janitorial functions such as collect and disposing all garbage/waste materials, vacuum, wash and polish (if polishing necessary) all floors and stairs, check electrical appliances, make minor repairs and replace worn cords, plugs, etc., keep grounds outside of station neat and tidy, security duties, stores functions to provide shipping and receiving services, maintain and operate the x-ray machine.
Knowledge of general maintenance, security and janitorial functions, WHMIS and Transportation of Goods. The incumbent must also be responsible, dependable and independent and is capable of lifting medium/heavy items as well as the ability to maintain strict confidentiality and knows basic computer skills.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through completion of Grade 8, one year of basic mechanical or carpentry experience with valid driver’s license. Ability to communicate in Inuktitut is also required.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatugangit is an asset. Fluency in French is also an asset.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to Igloolik_HR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.