Title: Casual Employment
Reference Number: Casual 2019
Type of Employment : Casual
The Government of Nunavut is seeking local residents for casual employment positions in all 25 of Nunavut’s communities. Casual employment is a great opportunity to gain employment that matches your experience, education and skillset. A wide-range of employment opportunities are available— from administrative to management levels— and we offer competitive salaries and benefits!
What is the process?
- The Department or agency identifies the need to hire a full-time, temporary employee.
- The hiring Department or agency reviews the resumes on file for Casual Employment.
- Interview and reference checks may be conducted.
- Human Resources is informed once a candidate is selected and the paperwork is processed.
Applying for Casual Employment
- Please indicate on your resume that you are seeking casual employment.
- At minimum your resume should indicate the places you have worked, the dates you worked, the duties you performed, education details and assets.
- Include a current phone number and email address. Remember to contact us if your information changes.
- If you’re unsure which regional office to apply to please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Your resume will be kept on file for 6 months; therefore you will be required to resubmit after that period.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
If you are interested in casual employment, please email your resume to your regional office below. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
Iqaluit Kivalliq Region
Tel: 867-975-6222 Tel: 867-645-8065
Toll free: 1-888-668-9993 Toll free: 1-800-933-3072
Fax: 867-975-6220 Fax: 867-645-8097
Email: email@example.com Email: KivalliqHR@gov.nu.ca
Qikiqtaaluk Region Kitikmeot Region
Tel: 867-934-2025 Tel: 867-983-4058
Toll free: 1-800-682-9033 Toll free: 1-866-667-6624
Fax: 867-934-2027 Fax: 867-983-4041
Email: Igloolik_HR@GOV.NU.CA Email: HRKitikmeot@gov.nu.ca