You are here
QEC-18-068 Director, Operations
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting directly to the President and CEO this position will lead all aspects of the Operations department including oversight over power generation, distribution and associated activities for Nunavut’s 25 remote communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate all related aspects of power generation, distribution, metering, inventory management, fleet, protection and control
- Develop and action a preventative maintenance program to ensure that all equipment, including fleet vehicles, are functioning at peak operational performance
- Ensure proactive communication with both internal and external stake holders regarding matters of significance which effect customer groups, such as power disruptions, planned and unplanned outages, repairs and replacement activities
- Manage an Operations and Maintenance budget of up to $75 million
- In conjunction with the Finance Department take a lead role in ensuring the security of the Corporations assets and accuracy of inventory
- In partnership with Human Resources ensure that all personnel matters including but not limited to staffing, performance management, discipline and released are administered in accordance with relevant legislation and the Collective Agreement
Required Qualifications Include:
- 10 years’ extensive operations experience in an electrical utility including a minimum of 5 years’ in a leadership capacity
- A university degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a relevant field of study (Master’s preferred)
- An industry specific professional designation such as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng), Professional Technologist (P.Tech), Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or a Professional Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience with electrical generation and distribution in a remote location with limited infrastructure
- Familiarity with diesel power generation systems ranging between 500 kW and 20 MW
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education, experience and professional credentials may be considered.
We offer a competitive salary which includes a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, benefits package and subsidized staff housing. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Nunavut Inuit.
To apply email email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
This position will be open until filled.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.