This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Senior Instructor, Academic Studies, the incumbent instructs courses using a range of instructional styles, applies adult education principles and evaluates student learning. Working with co-instructors, the incumbent will ensure course delivery meets the College’s policies and standards, is efficiently pursued, and is relevant to ongoing post-secondary education. The incumbent is a partner in services that support and provide guidance to students which aims to improve their success rates in further post-secondary education and entry-level employment.
Instructional duties will be assigned to a variety of courses offered through the Academic Studies section at Nunatta Campus. These courses include but are not limited to: Office Administration Certificate and Diploma, Adult Basic Education, ABE Essential Skills, and College Foundation Certificate.
Successful applicants are required to have the following:
- Bachelor of Education with studies in a discipline appropriate to the Office Administration and/or College Foundation curriculum;
- Two (2) years experience in the instruction and supervision of adult learners in a post-secondary setting;
- Fluency in written and verbal English; and
- Cross cultural experience with adult education, preferably in the North, the ability to speak one of the Inuit Languages and an understanding of Inuit Societal Values and culture are assets.
The incumbent will have a demonstrated ability to organize instruction for adults, have instructional techniques that are both innovative and practical in application and have training in the instruction of adults in a context of intercultural awareness.
An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
Short-listed candidates may undergo a vulnerable sector check as necessitated by the demographics of the learners participating in the program.
An eligibility list of successful candidates may be used to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.