This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Nunavut Arctic College is a multi-campus institution designed to provide a wide range of education services to adult learners of Nunavut.
The College is seeking an individual to provide certificate and diploma level instruction in Management Studies and training in Office Administration and other business programs as needed. Instruction is provided to support the training needs of Learners seeking employment in business, government or seeking access to higher education opportunities.
The incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of courses in the Management Studies Program such as E-Commerce, Principles of Management, Organizational Behaviour, Business Law, Human Resources Management, Small Business Management, Economics, Finance, Business Math, Statistics, Accounting, Portfolio Development, Communications and Microsoft Office Computer Applications. Some classes are combined to deliver courses to both Management Studies and Office Administration students.
Successful applicants are required to have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration plus an MBA or a Masters in a relevant field such as Accounting or Economics;
- A minimum of 3 years managerial experience, preferably in Nunavut;
- A minimum of 2 years experience teaching adults at a post-secondary institution, preferably in a cross-cultural environment;
- Formal training in adult education is desirable;
- Fluency in Inuktut is an asset.
An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
Short-listed candidates may undergo a vulnerable sector check as necessitated by the demographics of the learners’ participating in the program.
An eligibility list will be created from this competition.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to NACHR@arcticcollege.com Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.