This employment opportunity is open to Nunavut Inuit applicants only.
The Iviqtippalliajut Implementation Advisor is responsible for coordinating the Department specific elements of the implementation of Iviqtippalliajut. “Iviqtippalliajut: In the Process of Falling into Place” is the Government of Nunavut’s (GN) framework to Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit (IQ) and Inuit Societal Values (ISV) for all GN departments and agencies. Iviqtippalliajut provides the roadmap to guide the implementation of IQ/ISV within the GN by setting out specific actions required to achieve ensure that all facets of government operations are based on the principles of IQ/ISV.
The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating program delivery (program development, courses, tools, resources) and reporting. The incumbent will administer tasks to ensure that scheduled IQ/ISV programs and actions are taken, objectives are achieved, progress data is collected/monitored, and corrective measures are taken when required to address shortfalls or gaps. The incumbent will also provide recommendations on how IQ/ISV can guide the ways in which the organization makes decisions, communicates and engages amongst its key stakeholders, namely students, staff and faculty.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
- An Inuit Studies Diploma;
- Three (3) years of related work experience;
- Willingness to communicate and demonstrate examples of lived experience, including knowledge of Inuit communities, language, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit. Applicants are invited to either submit a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition portfolio (PLAR) if they have it or complete an assessment during the staffing process;
- Policy related work would be considered an asset; and
- Fluency in Inuktut is a requirement.
An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.