Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-20-024 Leave and Attendance Coordinator
Based out of Baker Lake and reporting to the Manager, Payroll, Pension and Benefits, the Leave and Attendance Coordinator is responsible for the administration of leave and attendance for all QEC employees. Through electronic and paper based systems, this position monitors and ensures that all leave and attendance matters comply with practices, procedures, policies, the Public Service Act, Public Service Regulations, and the Collective Agreement. The position advices employees and supervisors on the application of the Collective Agreement, leave and attendance policies and other relevant authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes time, leave and attendance data for up to 300 union and excluded employees; which includes timesheet audits, verification of records, balancing and adjusting entries from both manual and electronic time & attendance.
- Maintains employee leave records and administers adjustments to leave credits as required.
- Informs employees of any leave and attendance revisions and reasoning because of time, leave and attendance audits.
- Advises employees on the application of leave and attendance related policies, the Collective Agreement, the Nunavut Public Service Act, Nunavut Public Service Regulations.
- Reviews and analyzes data to identify trends and/or areas of concern and develops reports as required.
- Informs the Employee Relations division of any time, leave or attendance irregularities.
- Provides supervisors with up-to-date information on current and future projected leave balances.
- Provides support to the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator on the preparation of year-end activities including the processing and filing of all year-end tax forms and summaries.
- Responsible for filing and maintaining documents in electronic employee files.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Post-secondary diploma in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline.
- Two (2) years working with scheduling, leave and attendance systems with up to 300 employees.
- Experience in application of collective agreements pay provisions.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Adobe, databases, electronic timekeeping and payroll systems and web based applications.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $81,568.50 to $93,892.50, a northern living allowance of $24,381 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
To apply send your application by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by August 7, 2020.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.