Subsidized Staff Housing is Available; However, sharing may be required.
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)is a member of the multidisciplinary team working in partnership with registered nurses, physicians, allied health professionals and other members of the team to provide health care to clients with actual or potential health problems in a variety of practice settings.
The LPN plans and performs client interventions and evaluates client outcomes following the Standards of Practice adopted by the Government of Nunavut with the intention of regaining and maintaining client health. Additionally, the LPN observes, assesses, monitors and documents all findings and care provided as per the Government of Nunavut Documentation Standards and Guidelines.
The LPN is a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing direct nursing care, health promotion and prevention to clients. LPNs are responsible for providing quality nursing care within the scope of practice as outlined by the professional licensing body and the Government of Nunavut. Current BCLS and annual recertification is a requirement.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through an LPN Diploma from a recognized institution for practical nursing education and eligibility for registration and licensing as an LPN in Nunavut. Current BCLS and annual recertification is also a requirement for this position. Possession of WHIMS training and current Immunization Certification or willingness to complete within one month of hire is also a requirement for this position.
Assets for this position are Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Critical Incident Stress Debriefing, Cross Cultural training, Back Injury Prevention Program,
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French. Fluency
in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
An Eligibility List may be created for all future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.