This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager, Information Systems and Technology is responsible for ensuring that Nunavut Arctic College Information Systems (IS) and technology (IT) needs are met through leadership and management of the IS and IT staff and systems.
The Manager, Information Systems and Technology helps plan and coordinate all the Information Systems and Technology functions as they relate to the day-to-day activities of the organization. The incumbent will work closely with key decision makers within the College and other departments such as Community & Government Services- Informatics Division to identify, recommend, develop, and implement cost-effective and efficient technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The Manager, Information Systems and Technology supports the development and implementation of IS/IT policies, plans and procedures as well as identifies best practices for faculty, students, and staff on the use of IS/IT systems with the College.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and supporting the delivery of the Nunavut Arctic College (NAC) IT strategic plan, including ongoing management, evergreening and innovation of NAC’s assets, networks, and systems. The candidate will evaluate and coordinate support that is required for NAC’s information systems and understand how it can broadly impact the college’s operations. The candidate will be responsible for administering the systems and technology required for college-wide distance education program delivery. They will also be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the integrity of the college’s financial and student information systems.
The ideal candidate will have successfully completed a degree in Computer Science (or similar) as well as five (5) years of extensive and progressive experience in the information technology field. Five (5) years of progressive work experience in the information systems and technology field, with specific emphasis on technical knowledge, web and database applications, and distance education is required. Three (3) years of progressive work experience in project management as well as three (3) years of supervisory and management experience are also requirements.
Previous work experience in the field of education or with a similar college institution as well as the ability to speak more than one of Nunavut’s official languages are considered assets.
Equivalencies that consist of a combination of related education and work experience may be considered.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.