This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
This position is considered highly sensitive and a Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
The Manager, Nursing and Health Science Programs, supervises and manages all aspects of community and Iqaluit based Nursing and Health Science Programs, such as Practical Nurse, Pre-Health, and other professional development programs. The incumbent will be responsible for realizing Nunavut Arctic College’s commitment to Nunavut, to graduate more Nunavummiut with a nursing degree, and other health diplomas/certificates. The incumbent will provide academic and administrative leadership in matters related to curriculum development, implementation and evaluation, teaching and faculty development, student recruitment and advisement in the Nursing and Health Science programs.
The incumbent will write proposals, plan programs, develop policies and procedures, manage budgets, resources and staff/faculty, and provide academic and administrative leadership regarding nursing education and health science programs. The incumbent will be a key contact for program partners and will provide financial and logistical reporting to the Chair, Health and Wellness and the Nunavut Arctic College senior working group.
Successful applicants are required to have the following:
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing; a Ph.D in Nursing is preferred;
- Three (3) years post-secondary teaching experience and program development in a B.ScN/BN;
- Five (5) years of nursing experience in the clinical/practice area is required to ensure the delivery of quality programs, as per Canadian nursing standards;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with supervising and/or developing staff, leading teams/projects, or overseeing the work of consultants/contractors;
- Nursing experience in northern or remote communities would be an asset; and
- The ability to speak more than one of Nunavut’s official languages is considered an asset.
The incumbent must be registered with the Registered Nurses Association of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut prior to taking the position or relocating to Nunavut.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.