You are here
Manager, Planning and Analysis - Re-advertisement
Entrusted with supplying safe, reliable and efficient energy to the citizens of Nunavut, through both traditional and alternative sources, Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) offers many opportunities for those seeking to convert their skills and expertise into professional success. Sounds like you? Join our team. Wide-open spaces, rewarding work in a variety of settings, and the chance to contribute to the well-being of all Nunavummiut will bring new energy to your career – now and in the future.
MANAGER, PLANNING AND ANALYSIS (Re-advertisement)
IQALUIT, NU – Ref. No. QEC-18-062
This is an exciting mandate for a resourceful business professional, a strategic thinker with demonstrated initiative and strong conceptual, analytical and planning skills, who can address financial and operational issues and effectively support sound decision-making.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you’ll design, implement and evaluate regulatory reporting within the Finance Department related to utility revenues and related budgeting and forecasting. This is an opportunity to be instrumental in developing the rate design function of QEC to assist with the fair recovery of economic costs in the provision of service. You will be accountable for the analysis, interpretation and reporting of confidential corporate information related to financial planning and capital budgets. A skilled communicator and presenter, you’re well prepared to represent QEC in organizational meetings and forums, and participate on financial, intergovernmental and regulatory committees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Acting as the financial analysis and reporting lead in the corporate general rate applications, annual fuel rate applications and major project permits;
- Managing an infrastructure that facilitates short- and long-term capital planning and budgeting;
- Researching and investigating information to build a solid foundation for strategic decision-making;
- Creating highly confidential corporate and regulatory statistics and business reports;
- Analyzing and interpreting financial statistics and other data, and producing critical reports that verify and/or identify areas of challenge or improvement;
- Preparing cost-of-service studies, and analyzing and calculating rates, rate adjustments, rate policies and regulations;
- Handling filings and documentation required by the Utility Rate Review Council;
- Drafting briefing notes and correspondence for the Minister responsible for QEC; and
Communicating effectively with all relevant internal and external groups, including the Government of Nunavut and other associated parties.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- A university degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, or a subject related to the position’s mandate, combined with training in Accounting;
- 8 years in a senior administrative, financial or regulatory leadership capacity, with experience in research and report preparation, finance and accounting processes, budgeting, regulatory compliance processes, and administrative and office procedures;
- Sound judgment and ability to interpret project-related materials, financial reports, and legal documents, and exercise a high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to prioritize activities to meet scheduled work plans, both independently and in a team;
- Knowledge of federal, provincial and/or territorial regulations and policies related to financial and operational requirements;
- Enrolment in/completion of a professional accountant designation (CPA) program (a definite asset);
- Formal training and education in project management and regulatory leadership (an asset);
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture (an asset); and
- Ability to speak Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French (an asset).
A combination of related education and work experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive salary range of $96,759 to $113,880 per annum and a comprehensive benefits package, including a Northern Living Allowance of $15,016 per annum. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union. Subsidized staff housing is available.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
Open until filled, apply in writing to: email@example.com
or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.