This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Manager Nursing Resource Program, the Nurse Operations Specialist is responsible for contributing to the establishment of a sustainable and effective Nursing Resource Program which meets the needs of the Department for temporary and surge capacity nurses who are competent and ready to practice in Nunavut communities.
The Nurse Operations Specialist supports the Nursing Resource Program Manager to: make informed decisions related to operation of the Nursing Resource Program, ensure the program’s capacity to respond to emerging temporary and surge capacity nurse staffing needs across the territory, and apply the National Healthcare Accreditation standards to program operations.
takes the lead in…is a major part of this position. The incumbent is also a member of the Department of Health’s Rapid Response Team.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through;
- An undergraduate degree in Nursing;
- Three years nursing experience in rural/remote health care setting;
- One year in a Nunavut health centre(s) is an asset;
- Must be in good standing with the Registered Nurses Association of Northwest Territories and Nunavut (RNANT/NU);
- The ability to communicate in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages is an asset
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
One-year employment in a Nunavut Health Center is considered an asset.
For indeterminate nurses, recruitment bonuses include: $5,000 on initial hire, $5,000 at 18 months of service and $10,000 at 30 months of service.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
An Eligibility List may be created for all future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.