This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
The Occupational Therapist is a registered health professional who is part of the rehabilitation team in the Department of Health and reports to the Qikiqtani Regional Rehabilitation Manager. The incumbent plans, develops, organizes, delivers and evaluates Occupational Therapy services to all populations in the Qikiqtani Region.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for decisions regarding all aspects of occupational therapy client care, as well as clinical supervision of Community Therapy Assistants. The incumbent develops and delivers skills training to families, communities, home-care workers, community members, organizations and other health professionals.
As the successful candidate, you have a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent and is currently registered with a Canadian Provincial College of Occupational Therapy or equivalent. You will have a broad base of clinical experience with (1) one year of clinical experience required.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created for future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.