This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Manager, Rehabilitation Service, the Physiotherapist is responsible for decisions regarding all aspects of client care in physiotherapy, assessment and treatment programs, as well as clinical supervision of Community Therapy Assistants. This position also includes developing and delivering skills training to families, communities, home-care workers, community members, organizations and other health professionals.
The Physiotherapist must provide assessment findings, analysis, treatment, response to treatment and discharge planning in the patient’s chart. Charting should follow Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics of a Canadian Provincial College, the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) and the Department of Health by responding to referrals from physicians, nurses, Community Health Centers, allied health professionals, team members, Ottawa Health Services Networks Inc. (OHSNI) and individuals.
The successful candidate for this position will have a master’s degree in Physiotherapy with one (1) year of clinical experience. Current registration with a Canadian Provincial College of Physiotherapist is required.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
The official languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English, and French. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land, and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Term until March 31, 2022. Current Indeterminate Government of Nunavut employees that apply and are successful on this term position may be offered an internal transfer assignment for the duration of the term pending Management approval.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.