We have exciting project management opportunities within our various regional Project Management Offices (PMOs) located in Rankin Inlet, Cambridge Bay, Iqaluit and Pond Inlet. Applicants are invited to make known their potential interest in one or more of these 4 regional destination communities where these positions are located.
Reporting to the Regional Project Manager, the Project Manager (PM) is accountable for the application of the GN Project Management Policy and CGS Project Management Process to deliver major and technically complex infrastructure projects valued up to $50 million dollars within schedule and budget, and to meet agreed stakeholders needs. The Project Manager must develop project plans in accordance with project management methodologies such as those found in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and associated industry standards such as published by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
This position’s responsibilities are territorial in scope and interdepartmental in application through the provision of project management expertise to all GN departments and agencies.
The Project Manager is ultimately accountable for the application of the GN Project Management Policy to the management of GN capital and O&M funded infrastructure projects to ensure that funding is spent in the most cost effective manner, to achieve the program objectives of the business case and to develop value through infrastructure life-cycle analysis.
The ideal candidate’s qualifications will include a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Architecture, Design, Building Trades, etc.).
A minimum of (3) three years of progressively challenging project management experience on large commercial and/or institutional buildings and/or civic works is required. Direct experience managing the development and construction of infrastructure projects coupled with demonstrated experience through successfully managing projects of similar magnitude and complexity is essential.
Government of Nunavut Priority Hiring remains in effect for this competition.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.