This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
This is a Senior Management position reporting directly to the Executive Director Family Wellness, the Regional Director Family Wellness is accountable for coordinating regional program and service planning and managing the delivery of departmental programs and services provided to residents of the region.
The Regional Director is accountable for delivering a wide range of family social services programs including child protection, adoptions. Foster care, suicide prevention, child/adults with disabilities, family violence, child abuse prevention and advocacy for vulnerable groups who cannot advocate for themselves.
The Regional Director, must have knowledge of Child Welfare, Family Violence and Social Services; must show strong knowledge of community social services practices; broad knowledge of community social services practice; specialized knowledge of Social Safety net program delivery; specialized knowledge of community development; knowledge of policy development and decision making processes; strong financial and human resource management skills; strong skills in managing staff and budgets; ability to apply management, motivation and supervisory skills and theory; ability to communicate with many audiences both verbally and in writing; ability to interpret complex policy, legislation and legislative instruments and utilize results to inform program development and evaluation; and have the ability to effectively communicate in an inter-disciplinary environment.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job would normally be acquired through an undergraduate degree in Social Work, and/or Graduate degree Social work / Social Sciences is preferred with 7 years of progressively responsible program management experience, including 5 years in management or supervision.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
The ability to speak and read in Inuktut/Inuinnaqtun would be an asset.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to KivalliqHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.