Type of Employment: Relief
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to Iqaluit residents only.
Baffin Correctional Centre is establishing a relief pool of Correctional Caseworkers who can cover shifts on an as required basis. As a Correctional Caseworker, you will be working as a valuable member of a team, providing safe and secure custody of inmates and assisting in the delivery of programs to help prepare them for a return to their home communities.
Training will be provided on specific policies and procedures.
You should have some experience in providing counseling or support services to people in a caring and respectful manner. You should be willing to participate in staff training to acquire additional skills that will assist you in this position. Applicants should indicate which class of driver’s license they have (if any) on their application
Individuals wishing to be considered for casual employment should register with the Department of Human Resources by providing their resume and criminal records check to the Staffing Office at Saputit Building 935, or by email at email@example.com
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatugangit is an asset. The ability to communicate in both Inuktitut and English would be considered a definite asset.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the REFERENCE in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.